1. Acts 1998, Chapter 621 provides specific authority for cities to establish court costs by ordinance. T.C.A. § 6-2-201(28)(B).
2. Where the city judge is appointed, the board may provide the judge’s term of office in the ordinance establishing the judge’s qualifications and compensation T.C.A. § 6-4-301(b)(1)(A); Acts 1992, Chapter 612.
3. The “Municipal Court Reform Act of 2004” made the following changes:
- Deleted the city judge’s jurisdiction over all cases under the laws and ordinances of the municipality.
- Deleted the authority of city recorder to serve as city judge.
- Deleted concurrent jurisdiction with general sessions court.